Monday, August 27, 2007

In Costa Rica

Hola! So I made it, I am staying with a woman a few blocks from the university, and so far it has been pretty amazing! Today is the first day of classes, and I am on break for my tropical ecology class. I went up to Monteverde with my host mom and a friend a couple days ago and we had lunch and some vino at her brother´s farm. They have a ton of different animals, like peacocks, pigs, goats, horses, parrots, ostriches... it was pretty amazing. My friend and I went horseback riding down the road, and watched the beautiful costa rican scenery. Everything here is super green and alive, and everywhere in Puntarenas you can see the ocean. Yesterday I got a mini lesson on salsa, and I´m going to sit in on the dance class here so I can get my groove on! The food is definitly different, but good. I had take-out chinese food last night... and it defnitly was not what I am used to from the states. My host mom is great, she doesn´t speak a word of english, but I think I´ve been doing pretty well, we have had a few good conversatioons that went past hola, ¿como estas? I havn´t gotten any pictures yet, I´ll have to take a bike ride around the city tomorrow and get some good ones of la playa and all the coconut trees. So, hasta luego and miss you all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh! salsa! that makes me even more excited to come visit. You will have to teach me all the moves and then find some cool underground salsa club to take me to. :) I can't wait to see pictures-life here is gonna seem pretty dull and not very exciting compared to all that putarenas and the costa rican culture have to offer you. Miss you! o and i need your address chica!

Alice said...

Hi Lovey - It is wonderful to hear your happy voice through your post! Sounds like the travel drain has mended and you are good to go. Can't wait to see pictures! And tohear more about your classes and friends.
Polly leaves tonight on the "Red-Eye" and will move into her dorm tomorrow.
No other news from here, all is well.